Thu, 18 August, 2022
We are pleased to announce the launch of Skills Bootcamps at TWI Middlesbrough to deliver funded learning for individuals and companies in the Tees Valley region.
Skills Bootcamps are free, flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer.
The programme, which you can join right now, runs until 31 March 2023 and offers three levels of funding, as follows:
- Fund One: 100% funding for unemployed and self-employed individuals
- Fund Two: 90% funding for SMEs (employers with under 250 staff)
- Fund Three: 70% funding for larger employers (over 250 employees)
This funding is available to companies or individuals from the Tees Valley Region (Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton-on-Tees, Redcar and Cleveland) and includes provision for 60 hours in-person contact delivered at TWI Middlesbrough as well as the potential for us to travel to your site or provide some additional online support too.
Skills Bootcamps are flexible courses lasting up to 16 weeks and offering sector-specific skills and a fast-track interview with a local employer, if required. Fully funded for individual learners, Skills Bootcamps also provide highly funded training for both SMEs and larger employers.
The funded training available at TWI is made up of 15 different Skills Bootcamps, with each consisting of a combination of courses, including:
- CSWIP Visual Welding Inspector (3.0)
- CSWIP Welding Inspector (3.1)
- CSWIP Senior Welding Inspector (3.2)
- NDT - Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) - PCN or CSWIP
- NDT Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) - PCN or CSWIP
- Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM) L2 CSWIP only
- Eddy Current Welds or Tube Inspection L2 (ET) PCN or CSWIP
- Radiographic Interpretation (RI) PCN or CSWIP
- Radiographic Testing L2 with BRS (RT) PCN or CSWIP
- Visual Testing L2 (VT) PCN or CSWIP
- Penetrant Testing L2 (PT) PCN or CSWIP
- Magnetic Particle Testing L2 (MT) PCN or CSWIP
- Ultrasonic Testing of Welds L2 (UT) PCN or CSWIP
- NDT Basic and/or Main Methods L3- PCN or CSWIP
- BGAS Painting Inspection
- BGAS Site Coatings
- Global Wind Organisation Basic Safety Training (Due to launch end of 2022)
- IIW Diploma Modules (limited to 2 modules per candidate)
“Skills Bootcamps – part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life”
The training and support provided by Skills Bootcamps is aligned with local and national demand for skills, and delivered in partnership with employers, further education training providers and local government, ensuring that people get skills for life and a direct line of sight to employment.
For more details or to apply for a Skills Bootcamp with TWI, please send an email titled ‘Skills Bootcamp’ to: email@example.com